SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom issued the under assertion concerning at the moment’s jobs report exhibiting that California’s job progress during the last yr continues to outpace the nation’s at 6.4 p.c in March in comparison with U.S. jobs positive factors of 4.5 p.c throughout that timeframe:“In the present day’s report is extra excellent news for California’s continued financial restoration, representing 1000’s of latest alternatives for staff all through the state. We’re dedicated to constructing on these positive factors and our progress towards making a stronger, fairer and extra affluent state for all Californians to dwell and work.” California’s unemployment price continued to lower, reaching 4.9 p.c in March 2022.
- In March, California added 60,200 nonfarm payroll jobs to the economic system. Fewer than a million Californians are unemployed for the primary time since February 2020.
- California has now regained almost 90 p.c (2,463,400) of the two,758,900 nonfarm jobs misplaced throughout March and April of 2020 as a result of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Of the 431,000 nonfarm jobs the nation gained in March, California accounted for 14 p.c of these positive factors, surpassing the state’s 11.5 p.c share of employment within the U.S.
- California has loved month-over-month positive factors in nonfarm jobs in 13 of the previous 14 months totaling a 1,380,100 job acquire over that point interval.
- For the second month in a row, none of California’s 11 business sectors misplaced jobs, and Leisure & Hospitality (+14,800) as soon as once more posted the biggest job enhance with Restricted-Service Consuming Locations being its major driver.
- Skilled & Enterprise Companies additionally posted a good-sized acquire (+10,400) due to power in Employment Companies, in addition to Accounting, Tax Preparation, and Bookkeeping Companies.
- 4 of California’s 11 business sectors have now totally regained all jobs misplaced as a result of COVID-19 Pandemic in March and April of 2020: Training & Well being Companies, Skilled & Enterprise Companies, Commerce, Transportation, and Utilities, and Development.
# # #